- Mozambique Oil & Gas: Amarinth secures API 610 pump orders for Coral South Development Project
- Mozambique Energy: Moamba-Major dam construction to resume
- Mozambique Oil & Gas: "Anadarko promises jobs & contract, but how many will be local?" - Joseph Hanlon
- GGP: Economic diversification in the context of oil peak and the energy transition
- Africa Oil & Gas: Tanzanian Gas Issues
Electricity generation was down 8% over the last 12 months compared with the previous year, energy minister Leticia Klemens told state news agency AIM at her ministry’s annual ‘coordinating council’ meeting last week – due mainly to lower water levels at the country’s main power plant, Cahora Bassa Hydroelectric (HCB).
Levels at the dam appeared to fall to historic lows last year, leading the plant to shut off at least one of its generating turbines. At the same time, customers including the Zimbabwe electricity utility had trouble paying their bills – handily allowing HCB to reduce its supply to them.(source: Zitamar)