- Opinion: Who Holds Control on Oil Price -Just These Three Men
- Africa Mining: Malawi importing 65,000 tons of coal per year
- Mozambique Oil & Gas: Anadarko to spend $200 million pre-FID on Mozambique LNG project
- Markets: Natural Gas Markets Remain Ultra Tight
- Africa Oil & Gas: South Sudan Says Recovering Oil Production Boosts FX Reserves
On 31 October 2017, at the WCA’s Sustainable Coal Forum in London, the World Coal Association and Bettercoal signed a Memorandum of Understanding to strengthen their partnership.
This agreement will consolidate the WCA and Bettercoal’s relationship and will encourage the further exchange of expertise and knowledge on sustainable development projects in the coal industry.
Bettercoal Executive Director, Anne-Claire Howard said: “We are delighted to sign this MoU which will enable Bettercoal and the WCA to promote sustainable mining and sourcing practices to ensure the continuous improvement of the coal supply chain. We recognise the role of coal in energy production and in the steel and cement industries, and so are very pleased that both organisations can work together on issues of common interest.”
CEO of the WCA, Benjamin Sporton said: “This memorandum validates the continuation of the relationship that WCA and Bettercoal have established. It is an important step forward because we now have a structured framework to further promote our agenda and achieve our common goals through joint projects and activities. This is a new chapter in our collaborative work, which will ensure that we support each other’s work to promote sustainable coal mining.”