- Mozambique Oil & Gas: Amarinth secures API 610 pump orders for Coral South Development Project
- Mozambique Energy: Moamba-Major dam construction to resume
- Mozambique Oil & Gas: "Anadarko promises jobs & contract, but how many will be local?" - Joseph Hanlon
- GGP: Economic diversification in the context of oil peak and the energy transition
- Africa Oil & Gas: Tanzanian Gas Issues
The Niger Delta Avengers (NDA) have issued a ‘brutal and bloody’ new warning to oil and gas companies operating in Nigeria’s Niger Delta region.
“This outing will be brutish, brutal and bloody, as we…shall crush everything we meet on our path to completely put off the fires that burn to flair gas in our communities and cut every pipe that moves crude away from our region,” NDA spokesperson Major General Murdoch Agbinibo said on the group’s website.
“We can assure you that every oil installation in our region will feel warmth of the wrath of the Niger Delta Avengers,” he added.
The NDA also specifically targeted Total’s Egina FPSO in its latest threat.
“We are presently tracking and monitoring its movement and God willing it shall not operate successfully in amidst the return of the fury of the Niger Delta Avengers,” Agbinibo stated.
Total was not immediately available for comment.
Last year, NDA attacks on Nigeria’s energy infrastructure sent shockwaves throughout the region as oil production fell by almost 40 percent.
“Disruption to energy infrastructure in the Delta has tremendous repercussions for the economy as a whole and the shockwaves are being felt even beyond Nigeria’s borders,” Verisk Maplecroft Senior Africa Analyst Malte Liewerscheidt told Rigzone in June 2016.