- Opinion: Who Holds Control on Oil Price -Just These Three Men
- Africa Mining: Malawi importing 65,000 tons of coal per year
- Mozambique Oil & Gas: Anadarko to spend $200 million pre-FID on Mozambique LNG project
- Markets: Natural Gas Markets Remain Ultra Tight
- Africa Oil & Gas: South Sudan Says Recovering Oil Production Boosts FX Reserves
Mozambique needs an Independent Regulatory Authority for the petroleum sector that has powers of supervision to guarantee that the benefits for the State are maximized, through the proper and even-handed oversight of the operations carried out by companies exploiting petroleum resources in the country, CIP said.
The National Petroleum Institute is, at present, the regulator of the sector, but clearly with only nominal independence, resulting in actions that are excessively limited in scope read more.