- Mozambique Oil & Gas: Anadarko working on SPAs for Rovuma Area 1 block
- Africa Oil & Gas: Global Petroleum increases Namibian footprint
- Africa Oil & Gas: Saipem found guilty, Eni acquitted in Algeria graft case
- Africa Oil & Gas: BP Oil-Buying Spree Jolts Sleepy West African Crude Market
- Mozambique Energy: Cahora Bassa hydroelectric plant to invest €500 million in 10 years
Mozambique needs an Independent Regulatory Authority for the petroleum sector that has powers of supervision to guarantee that the benefits for the State are maximized, through the proper and even-handed oversight of the operations carried out by companies exploiting petroleum resources in the country, CIP said.
The National Petroleum Institute is, at present, the regulator of the sector, but clearly with only nominal independence, resulting in actions that are excessively limited in scope read more.