- Energy Transition: Projections of peak oil, gas, and coal demand before 2030 deemed ‘extremely risky and impractical’
- Africa: BW Offshore wraps up much-anticipated sale of Nigerian FPSO
- Senegal: European JV aims to revolutionize country’s power infrastructure
- Congo: Eni, Lukoil, and SNPC ink LNG sale and purchase agreement in a ‘significant milestone’
- Aramco CEO calls for ‘more realistic and robust’ multi-source plan in global energy transition
South African oil, gas and synfuels group Sasol said August 21 it is exploring scenarios for a northern expansion of its operations in Mozambique.
According to joint CEO Stephen Cornell that there is little appetite to expand its operations as far north as the massive offshore Rovuma gas fields near the Tanzanian border. But he did say that Sasol is looking at the possibility of a shorter expansion from its current operations.