- Global Markets: LNG Buyers in Asia Look to Resell Supply
- Global Oil & Gas: EU Rules on Methane Curbs May Boost LNG Industry - Exxon
- Global Oil & Gas: Venture Global Accused of Reneging on LNG Contracts for Europe
- Global Oil & Gas: Oil Unchanged as Market Struggles for Direction
- Energy Transition: Projections of peak oil, gas, and coal demand before 2030 deemed ‘extremely risky and impractical’
Tanzania’s president fired the mining minister and the chief of the State-run mineral audit agency on Wednesday, after receiving a report into whether mining companies were under-declaring the value of their exports.
President John Magufuli’s decision, announced in a speech, signals an escalation of tensions between the government and the industry, which has denied engaging in tax evasion.
Mining accounts for about 4% of Tanzania’s gross domestic product.(source: Miningweekly)