- Mozambique Mining: Communities paralyze Vale operation on Moatize Ii ACTIVITIES OF MINE II DA VALE IN MOATIZE
- Africa Oil & Gas: Nigerian Gas Tanker Explosion Kills At Least 35
- DR Congo: Exim Bank India Finances DRC Solar
- Zambia: Largest Solar Plant Complete
- Tanzania: Cabinet to Start Talks for $30B LNG Project
The project will be implemented by a special purpose vehicle that is fully owned by the private sector under a 25-year build, own, operate and transfer concession agreement with the government of Mali and a 25-year power purchase agreement with Mali¹s national utility, Énergie du Mali.
“Introducing utility-scale solar PV as an energy source will enable Mali to harness its abundant solar energy potential, diversify the country’s energy mix and increase access to cleaner energy for its citizens,” said AfDB climate change and green growth director Anthony Nyong.(source: Miningweekly)