- Energy Transition: Projections of peak oil, gas, and coal demand before 2030 deemed ‘extremely risky and impractical’
- Africa: BW Offshore wraps up much-anticipated sale of Nigerian FPSO
- Senegal: European JV aims to revolutionize country’s power infrastructure
- Congo: Eni, Lukoil, and SNPC ink LNG sale and purchase agreement in a ‘significant milestone’
- Aramco CEO calls for ‘more realistic and robust’ multi-source plan in global energy transition
The project will be implemented by a special purpose vehicle that is fully owned by the private sector under a 25-year build, own, operate and transfer concession agreement with the government of Mali and a 25-year power purchase agreement with Mali¹s national utility, Énergie du Mali.
“Introducing utility-scale solar PV as an energy source will enable Mali to harness its abundant solar energy potential, diversify the country’s energy mix and increase access to cleaner energy for its citizens,” said AfDB climate change and green growth director Anthony Nyong.(source: Miningweekly)