- Mozambique Mining: Communities paralyze Vale operation on Moatize Ii ACTIVITIES OF MINE II DA VALE IN MOATIZE
- Africa Oil & Gas: Nigerian Gas Tanker Explosion Kills At Least 35
- DR Congo: Exim Bank India Finances DRC Solar
- Zambia: Largest Solar Plant Complete
- Tanzania: Cabinet to Start Talks for $30B LNG Project
Egypt hopes its gas market will be balanced in 2018 and expects to begin exporting gas by 2020, EGAS chief Mohamed Al-Masry said on Wednesday at an oil conference in Cairo.
Al-Masry also said 2018 will be the last year for Egypt to import gas for the domestic market.
Egypt has gone from exporting energy to being a net importer as domestic output has failed to keep pace with rising demand.
Al-Masry said BP’s North Alexandria field is on a fast track and will be ahead of schedule by six months.
(Reporting by Eric Knecht; editing by Susan Thomas; writing by Asma Alsharif)
Copyright 2017 Thomson Reuters. Click for Restrictions.