- Mozambique Mining: Communities paralyze Vale operation on Moatize Ii ACTIVITIES OF MINE II DA VALE IN MOATIZE
- Africa Oil & Gas: Nigerian Gas Tanker Explosion Kills At Least 35
- DR Congo: Exim Bank India Finances DRC Solar
- Zambia: Largest Solar Plant Complete
- Tanzania: Cabinet to Start Talks for $30B LNG Project
Mozambique, which has vast offshore gas resources, has awarded gas development projects to Norway’s Yara International, Shell Mozambique and GL Energy Africa, the National Petroleum Institute (NPI) said on Monday.
Yara will develop fertilisers and 30-50 megawatts (MW) of power while Shell Mozambique will produce diesel and 50-80 MW of power. GL Energy Africa will produce 250 MW from gas resources, the NPI said in a statement on its website. (Source: Reuters)