- Global Markets: LNG Buyers in Asia Look to Resell Supply
- Global Oil & Gas: EU Rules on Methane Curbs May Boost LNG Industry - Exxon
- Global Oil & Gas: Venture Global Accused of Reneging on LNG Contracts for Europe
- Global Oil & Gas: Oil Unchanged as Market Struggles for Direction
- Energy Transition: Projections of peak oil, gas, and coal demand before 2030 deemed ‘extremely risky and impractical’
Eni reached a record production of 700 million cubic feet of gas per day, or 128,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day (boepd), from the Egyptian Nooros field 13 months after the asset was discovered in July 2015, Rigzone reports.
The gas production is currently guaranteed by seven wells, although additional wells are expected to drive the maximum production capacity of the field to around 160,000 boepd by spring 2017. The gas and condensate produced from the field is sent to Abu Madi’s treatment system, located 15 miles from the discovery, and then allocated in the Egyptian network.
The development and production of the Nooros field is operated by Petrobel on behalf of Nidoco company, a joint venture between IEOC, BP and the state company Egyptian General Petroleum Corporation (EGPC).
Eni operates in the country through its subsidiary IEOC Production BV which holds a 75 percent stake in the concession, while BP holds the remaining 25 percent. Eni’s equity production in Egypt was about 200,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day in 2015.(Source: RIGZONE)