- Nigeria: Cabinet to sell stakes in joint oil assets to boost coffers
- Mozambique: National insurers negotiate requisites to participate in gas projects
- Mozambique: Moz LNG terminals echo global risks
- Mozambique: Anadarko to hire 16 tankers for Mozambique LNG transport
- Mozambique: "Rovuma LNG set to transform GDP growth" - Standard Bank
Temer himself is not believed to be among those calling for Ferreira’s head, but some members of his administration are said to have considered Vale’s response to last year’s tailings dam disaster as tepid in contrast with a more active approach by Australian partners BHP Billiton.
Former Vale executives Jose Carlos Martins and Tito Martins are seen as potential CEO replacements.
Pedro Parente recently began has new job as CEO of state-run Petrobras.
However, Vale is a private sector company, and politicians and executives associated with Vale’s controlling shareholder group want to at least avoid giving the impression of interfering in its affairs.(source: Bloomberg)