- Mozambique Mining: Communities paralyze Vale operation on Moatize Ii ACTIVITIES OF MINE II DA VALE IN MOATIZE
- Africa Oil & Gas: Nigerian Gas Tanker Explosion Kills At Least 35
- DR Congo: Exim Bank India Finances DRC Solar
- Zambia: Largest Solar Plant Complete
- Tanzania: Cabinet to Start Talks for $30B LNG Project
Temer himself is not believed to be among those calling for Ferreira’s head, but some members of his administration are said to have considered Vale’s response to last year’s tailings dam disaster as tepid in contrast with a more active approach by Australian partners BHP Billiton.
Former Vale executives Jose Carlos Martins and Tito Martins are seen as potential CEO replacements.
Pedro Parente recently began has new job as CEO of state-run Petrobras.
However, Vale is a private sector company, and politicians and executives associated with Vale’s controlling shareholder group want to at least avoid giving the impression of interfering in its affairs.(source: Bloomberg)