- Mozambique Mining: Communities paralyze Vale operation on Moatize Ii ACTIVITIES OF MINE II DA VALE IN MOATIZE
- Africa Oil & Gas: Nigerian Gas Tanker Explosion Kills At Least 35
- DR Congo: Exim Bank India Finances DRC Solar
- Zambia: Largest Solar Plant Complete
- Tanzania: Cabinet to Start Talks for $30B LNG Project
Angola’s state oil company Sonangol said it has found oil and gas reserves in the Kwanza basin that could total 2.2 billion barrels of oil equivalent, including in a block it jointly owns with BP.
Block 24, operated by BP, holds an estimated 280 million barrels of condensate and 8 trillion cubic feet of gas, totalling 1.7 billion barrels of oil equivalent, Sonangol said in a statement seen by Reuters on Thursday.
Sonangol said that Block 20, which it operates, is also commercially viable and contains an estimated 139 million barrels of condensate and 2.5 trillion cubic feet of gas, totalling 570 million barrels of oil equivalent.(Source: Reuters)