- Global Markets: LNG Buyers in Asia Look to Resell Supply
- Global Oil & Gas: EU Rules on Methane Curbs May Boost LNG Industry - Exxon
- Global Oil & Gas: Venture Global Accused of Reneging on LNG Contracts for Europe
- Global Oil & Gas: Oil Unchanged as Market Struggles for Direction
- Energy Transition: Projections of peak oil, gas, and coal demand before 2030 deemed ‘extremely risky and impractical’
Galp Energia said that its fourth quarter earning before taxes amounted to €399 million, up 5% quarter on quarter against a backdrop of falling oil prices.
In fact, the improved refining margin in the refining and marketing business and the higher volumes sold of liquefied natural gas in the gas & power business contributed to the group’s improved operating performance in the period, the company said in a statement.
On the other hand, the exploration & production business was impacted by the lower oil and gas average sale price, despite the 18% increase in net entitlement production. Net profit in the fourth quarter of 2014 was €137 million, an increase of 13% QoQ.