- Mozambique Mining: Communities paralyze Vale operation on Moatize Ii ACTIVITIES OF MINE II DA VALE IN MOATIZE
- Africa Oil & Gas: Nigerian Gas Tanker Explosion Kills At Least 35
- DR Congo: Exim Bank India Finances DRC Solar
- Zambia: Largest Solar Plant Complete
- Tanzania: Cabinet to Start Talks for $30B LNG Project
Following negotiations with the American and Italian multinational companies, Anadarko and ENI, the Council of Ministers approved the decree-law establishing the legal and contractual regime applicable to the Liquefied Natural Gas Project (LNG) for areas 1 and 4 of the Rovuma
Basin on the 28th November 2014. Our analysis focuses on four main issues: fiscal stability, the exchange rate regime, unification of the gas-fields and local labor/content. Companies managed to secure their objective of 30 years of fiscal stability, even though Parliament authorized stability in only 10-year increments, by agreeing to a small increase in the production tax in the 2030s and another increase in the 2040s.
Click here in order to read this article.