- Energy Transition: Projections of peak oil, gas, and coal demand before 2030 deemed ‘extremely risky and impractical’
- Africa: BW Offshore wraps up much-anticipated sale of Nigerian FPSO
- Senegal: European JV aims to revolutionize country’s power infrastructure
- Congo: Eni, Lukoil, and SNPC ink LNG sale and purchase agreement in a ‘significant milestone’
- Aramco CEO calls for ‘more realistic and robust’ multi-source plan in global energy transition
Zambia President Edgar Lungu began negotiations with mining companies in the country to address concerns about the increase in royalties. The rate for open pit mines rose from 6% to 20% and in underground mines increased from 6% to 8%, from the 1st of January.
Vale, which explores coal in Mozambique Moatize operations, produces copper in the country in Lubambe mine, through a joint venture with African Rainbow Minerals.