- Mozambique: "Rovuma LNG set to transform GDP growth" - Standard Bank
- Mozambique: ExxonMobil Provides $300,000 to Support Cyclone Relief Efforts
- Uganda: Cabinet hopes to see its first crude oil exports by 2022
- Gabon: Country's oil licensing round in limbo
- Gabon: State Oil Company farms into BW Offshore's Dussafu licence
Zambia President Edgar Lungu began negotiations with mining companies in the country to address concerns about the increase in royalties. The rate for open pit mines rose from 6% to 20% and in underground mines increased from 6% to 8%, from the 1st of January.
Vale, which explores coal in Mozambique Moatize operations, produces copper in the country in Lubambe mine, through a joint venture with African Rainbow Minerals.