- Mozambique Mining: Communities paralyze Vale operation on Moatize Ii ACTIVITIES OF MINE II DA VALE IN MOATIZE
- Africa Oil & Gas: Nigerian Gas Tanker Explosion Kills At Least 35
- DR Congo: Exim Bank India Finances DRC Solar
- Zambia: Largest Solar Plant Complete
- Tanzania: Cabinet to Start Talks for $30B LNG Project
The Mozambican government is in the final phase of drawing up regulations for the Mining and Oil laws, the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Mining Resources said in Maputo.
Alfredo Nampete, who spoke on behalf of the Minister of Mining Resources, Esperanca Bias, said “after the adoption of laws and tax regimes by Parliament in August and September this year, we are now completing the drafting of the regulations, which should be ready by the end of this year.”
According to the Permanent Secretary, the regulation is being drawn up with the assistance of mining and oil sector operators, as well as with civil society. (macauhub/MZ)