- Mozambique Mining: Communities paralyze Vale operation on Moatize Ii ACTIVITIES OF MINE II DA VALE IN MOATIZE
- Africa Oil & Gas: Nigerian Gas Tanker Explosion Kills At Least 35
- DR Congo: Exim Bank India Finances DRC Solar
- Zambia: Largest Solar Plant Complete
- Tanzania: Cabinet to Start Talks for $30B LNG Project
Australian firm Metals of Africa will launch a programme for 2,000 metres of test drilling in a graphite concession in Montepuez, northern Mozambique, the company said in a statement. The beginning of this drilling programme has been long-awaited by the market since the company was granted exploration licenses, as the concession is located near the huge deposits of graphite of Syrah Resources and Triton Minerals.
Drilling is due to begin this week and will continue for a month and a half.
The company also said it would use two drilling machines simultaneously and the final number of drill holes and metres drilled will depend on the intersected geological structures.
Metals of Africa expects to find graphite mineralization at low depth and each drill hole is not expected to be more than 100 metres deep. (macauhub/MZ)