- Mozambique Mining: Communities paralyze Vale operation on Moatize Ii ACTIVITIES OF MINE II DA VALE IN MOATIZE
- Africa Oil & Gas: Nigerian Gas Tanker Explosion Kills At Least 35
- DR Congo: Exim Bank India Finances DRC Solar
- Zambia: Largest Solar Plant Complete
- Tanzania: Cabinet to Start Talks for $30B LNG Project
The Vale nickel´s unit in Sudbury, Canada, has used thousands of bees to compensate for the degradation left by more than a century of exploration of nickel and copper in the region. The retired Wayne Tonelli provides services to mining as a beekeeper, after working in nickel mines in the region since adolescence.
Wayne keeps seven hives, totaling about 350 000 bees, which are used to pollinate wild flowers plants by Vale over 120 hectares.