- Global Markets: LNG Buyers in Asia Look to Resell Supply
- Global Oil & Gas: EU Rules on Methane Curbs May Boost LNG Industry - Exxon
- Global Oil & Gas: Venture Global Accused of Reneging on LNG Contracts for Europe
- Global Oil & Gas: Oil Unchanged as Market Struggles for Direction
- Energy Transition: Projections of peak oil, gas, and coal demand before 2030 deemed ‘extremely risky and impractical’
Statoil and co-venturer Exxon Mobil said that the Giligiliani-1 exploration well has resulted in a new natural gas discovery offshore Tanzania. The discovery of an additional 1.2 trillion cubic feet of natural gas in place in the Giligiliani-1 well brings the total of in-place volumes up to approximately 21 tcf in block 2.
The Giligiliani-1 discovery is located along the western side of block 2 at a 2,500-metre water depth.
“This discovery has proven the gas play extends into the western part of block 2, which opens additional prospects. Our success rate in Tanzania has been high and opening up a new area will be key to continuing our successful multi-well programme,” said Nick Maden, senior vice president for Statoil’s exploration activities in the Western Hemisphere.
The Giligiliani-1 discovery is the venture’s seventh discovery in block 2 and could be used as feed gas for an onshore LNG project the joint venture is planning.
Statoil operates the licence on block 2 on behalf of Tanzania Petroleum Development Corporation and has a 65% working interest. ExxonMobil holds the remaining 35%.(Source: LNG World News)