- Mozambique Mining: Communities paralyze Vale operation on Moatize Ii ACTIVITIES OF MINE II DA VALE IN MOATIZE
- Africa Oil & Gas: Nigerian Gas Tanker Explosion Kills At Least 35
- DR Congo: Exim Bank India Finances DRC Solar
- Zambia: Largest Solar Plant Complete
- Tanzania: Cabinet to Start Talks for $30B LNG Project
The group, which in 2011 paid US$3.9 billion to Australian company Riversdale Mining, ended up divesting its coal assets in Mozambique for US$50 million.
In a statement the Rio Tinto Group also said that the group’s remaining assets in Mozambique are not affected by this transaction.
In 2013, the group announced it had taken on an impairment loss of US$3 billion in Mozambique due to the challenges it faced in Mozambique to build the necessary infrastructure to put the coal mines in operation. (macauhub/MZ)