- Nigeria: Cabinet to sell stakes in joint oil assets to boost coffers
- Mozambique: National insurers negotiate requisites to participate in gas projects
- Mozambique: Moz LNG terminals echo global risks
- Mozambique: Anadarko to hire 16 tankers for Mozambique LNG transport
- Mozambique: "Rovuma LNG set to transform GDP growth" - Standard Bank
The group, which in 2011 paid US$3.9 billion to Australian company Riversdale Mining, ended up divesting its coal assets in Mozambique for US$50 million.
In a statement the Rio Tinto Group also said that the group’s remaining assets in Mozambique are not affected by this transaction.
In 2013, the group announced it had taken on an impairment loss of US$3 billion in Mozambique due to the challenges it faced in Mozambique to build the necessary infrastructure to put the coal mines in operation. (macauhub/MZ)