- Mozambique Mining: Communities paralyze Vale operation on Moatize Ii ACTIVITIES OF MINE II DA VALE IN MOATIZE
- Africa Oil & Gas: Nigerian Gas Tanker Explosion Kills At Least 35
- DR Congo: Exim Bank India Finances DRC Solar
- Zambia: Largest Solar Plant Complete
- Tanzania: Cabinet to Start Talks for $30B LNG Project
Thai state group PTT Exploration and Production (PTTEP) said Monday it planned to invest up to US$1 billion in a project in Mozambique within 5 to 6 years beginning in 2015, financial news agency Reuters reported.
The group’s chief executive, Tevin Vongnavich, noted that the project aims to be producing 10 million tons of liquefied natural gas from late 2018 or early 2019.
In 2012 the Thai state group acquired Irish company Cove Energy, which had an 8.5 percent share of the Area 1 block in the Rovuma Basin, northern Mozambique, operated by US-based Anadarko Petroleum. (macauhub/MZ)