- Mozambique Mining: Communities paralyze Vale operation on Moatize Ii ACTIVITIES OF MINE II DA VALE IN MOATIZE
- Africa Oil & Gas: Nigerian Gas Tanker Explosion Kills At Least 35
- DR Congo: Exim Bank India Finances DRC Solar
- Zambia: Largest Solar Plant Complete
- Tanzania: Cabinet to Start Talks for $30B LNG Project
Glencore can make a proposal to acquire Rio Tinto in order to increase its exposure to iron ore, according to the Financial Times. According to analysts and bankers, the trading would create a “powerful alternative” to compete with BHP Billiton.