- Mozambique Mining: Communities paralyze Vale operation on Moatize Ii ACTIVITIES OF MINE II DA VALE IN MOATIZE
- Africa Oil & Gas: Nigerian Gas Tanker Explosion Kills At Least 35
- DR Congo: Exim Bank India Finances DRC Solar
- Zambia: Largest Solar Plant Complete
- Tanzania: Cabinet to Start Talks for $30B LNG Project
The new design of the Vale S11D iron project, former Serra Sul, which will produce 90 million tonnes per year of iron ore, is to get a CAPEX of $19 billion. Sixty percent of that CAPEX will be invested in railways, port terminals and rail and maritime terminal. That is the largest investment project is aimed at expanding the capacity of mining logistics.
That is the Infrastructure Cost, a plague that haunts several mining companies and that successive governments promise but fail to eradicate it. The cost that hardly exists in developed countries where infrastructure, railways and ports are installed and fully operational.(Source: www.geologo.com.br)