- Mozambique Mining: Communities paralyze Vale operation on Moatize Ii ACTIVITIES OF MINE II DA VALE IN MOATIZE
- Africa Oil & Gas: Nigerian Gas Tanker Explosion Kills At Least 35
- DR Congo: Exim Bank India Finances DRC Solar
- Zambia: Largest Solar Plant Complete
- Tanzania: Cabinet to Start Talks for $30B LNG Project
Statoil has announced that the Dilolo-1 exploration well in Block 39 offshore Angola in the Kwanza Basin was drilled to its pre-salt target. The first drilling operation in Block 39 has now been completed. In this first well hydrocarbons were not encountered, but the operation did provide a valuable calibration for other prospects in the area.Further studies are needed in order to fully understand the well results. The well is now in the process of being plugged and abandoned.
The Stena Carron drillship will soon move to Block 38 to spud the exploration well Jacaré-1.The Angolan pre-salt is a frontier play where Statoil will participate in eight commitment wells across five blocks.
Statoil is also participating in two more wells in the Kwanza basin in Angola (Puma well in Block 25, operated by Total and Locosso well in Block 22, operated by Repsol).
In Angola on Block 39; Statoil is the operator (37.5%), and its partners include Total (7.5%), WRG (15%), Ecopetrol (10%), Sonangol P&P (30%). InBlock 38 Statoil is the operator (45%) with WRG (15%), Ecopetrol (10%) and Sonangol P&P (30%) as partners*.
* The Ecopetrol farm-in is subject to approval by Sonangol E&P and the Angolan minister of petroleum.