- Mozambique Mining: Communities paralyze Vale operation on Moatize Ii ACTIVITIES OF MINE II DA VALE IN MOATIZE
- Africa Oil & Gas: Nigerian Gas Tanker Explosion Kills At Least 35
- DR Congo: Exim Bank India Finances DRC Solar
- Zambia: Largest Solar Plant Complete
- Tanzania: Cabinet to Start Talks for $30B LNG Project
Oil and natural gas corporation said that Narendra K. Verma has been named company’s Managing Director. Prior to joining the Board of Directors of ONGC, he was the Director (Exploration) for ONGC Videsh Limited with the responsibility of development and implementation of exploration strategy and business development for the growth of the company, and was actively responsible for strategizing and aggressively implementing the growth strategy of OVL with a couple of high value acquisition in the last one year.
Verma, during his long stint in ONGC, has held many key assignments. As the Exploration Manager, he managed the exploration activities during 2004 to 2007 in one of the most prolific oil and gas producing Block in Assam-Arakan Basin of India with three major producing fields and a number of existing satellite fields.
He, joined ONG in 1980 and has extensively been associated with exploration and development related activities in a number of Indian and foreign basins. As an exploration geologist he has conceptualized a number of exploration projects in a wide variety of basins including deep waters and implemented the studies, resulting in reserve accretion and evaluation of hydrocarbon potential.