- Energy Transition: Projections of peak oil, gas, and coal demand before 2030 deemed ‘extremely risky and impractical’
- Africa: BW Offshore wraps up much-anticipated sale of Nigerian FPSO
- Senegal: European JV aims to revolutionize country’s power infrastructure
- Congo: Eni, Lukoil, and SNPC ink LNG sale and purchase agreement in a ‘significant milestone’
- Aramco CEO calls for ‘more realistic and robust’ multi-source plan in global energy transition
SNC-Lavalin Group completed the acquisition of Kentz Corporation Limited, a global company with 15,500 employees operating in 36 countries. Kentz provides industry-leading engineering, construction management and technical support services to clients in the oil and gas sector.
The acquisition of Kentz supports SNC-Lavalin’s ongoing transformation into a global Tier-1 engineering and construction (E&C) company. The transaction creates a group with approximately 45,000 employees, annual revenues of about C$10 billion and a backlog of roughly C$13 billion as per 2013 figures. The combined company will also have a strong position in the world’s most dynamic growth markets, including the Middle East, North America, Latin America and Asia-Pacific.
“SNC-Lavalin is thrilled to welcome the employees of Kentz, who are the heart and soul of the remarkable company we are acquiring today,” said Robert G. Card, President and CEO, SNC-Lavalin Group Inc. “We expect that our combined capabilities will give us one of the best broad-based service offerings in the E&C industry, while expanding our presence in key growth markets.”