- Mozambique Mining: Communities paralyze Vale operation on Moatize Ii ACTIVITIES OF MINE II DA VALE IN MOATIZE
- Africa Oil & Gas: Nigerian Gas Tanker Explosion Kills At Least 35
- DR Congo: Exim Bank India Finances DRC Solar
- Zambia: Largest Solar Plant Complete
- Tanzania: Cabinet to Start Talks for $30B LNG Project
SNC-Lavalin Group completed the acquisition of Kentz Corporation Limited, a global company with 15,500 employees operating in 36 countries. Kentz provides industry-leading engineering, construction management and technical support services to clients in the oil and gas sector.
The acquisition of Kentz supports SNC-Lavalin’s ongoing transformation into a global Tier-1 engineering and construction (E&C) company. The transaction creates a group with approximately 45,000 employees, annual revenues of about C$10 billion and a backlog of roughly C$13 billion as per 2013 figures. The combined company will also have a strong position in the world’s most dynamic growth markets, including the Middle East, North America, Latin America and Asia-Pacific.
“SNC-Lavalin is thrilled to welcome the employees of Kentz, who are the heart and soul of the remarkable company we are acquiring today,” said Robert G. Card, President and CEO, SNC-Lavalin Group Inc. “We expect that our combined capabilities will give us one of the best broad-based service offerings in the E&C industry, while expanding our presence in key growth markets.”