- Mozambique Mining: Communities paralyze Vale operation on Moatize Ii ACTIVITIES OF MINE II DA VALE IN MOATIZE
- Africa Oil & Gas: Nigerian Gas Tanker Explosion Kills At Least 35
- DR Congo: Exim Bank India Finances DRC Solar
- Zambia: Largest Solar Plant Complete
- Tanzania: Cabinet to Start Talks for $30B LNG Project
The Times of India reported that International Coal Ventures (ICVL) has acquired Rio Tinto’s (NYSE:RIO) coal assets in Mozambique. The move represents a major acquisition for the coal sector.
As quoted in the publication:
IVCL, a joint venture of SAIL, CIL, RINL, NMDC & NTPC, had been scouting for coal assets abroad since its inception in 2009 but had failed to clinch a deal so far. With the new takeover, the steel majors will not run short of raw material any longer.