- Mozambique Mining: Communities paralyze Vale operation on Moatize Ii ACTIVITIES OF MINE II DA VALE IN MOATIZE
- Africa Oil & Gas: Nigerian Gas Tanker Explosion Kills At Least 35
- DR Congo: Exim Bank India Finances DRC Solar
- Zambia: Largest Solar Plant Complete
- Tanzania: Cabinet to Start Talks for $30B LNG Project
The prime ministers of Mozambique, Alberto vaquina, and Russia Dimitry Medvedev met Saturday in Moscow to discuss the possibility of cooperation in managing Mozambican natural resources, such as oil and gas, according to the State news agency AIM.
“Russia is one of the countries that has resources like Mozambique and, naturally, we have a lot to learn from this country and long-standing friend,” said Alberto Vaquina, as quoted by AIM after a meeting in Moscow with his Russian counterpart.
Alberto Vaquina was referring to coal mining that is currently underway in Tete province in central Mozambique as well as enormous natural gas potential based on discoveries in the Rovuma basin, northern Mozambique.