- Mozambique Mining: Communities paralyze Vale operation on Moatize Ii ACTIVITIES OF MINE II DA VALE IN MOATIZE
- Africa Oil & Gas: Nigerian Gas Tanker Explosion Kills At Least 35
- DR Congo: Exim Bank India Finances DRC Solar
- Zambia: Largest Solar Plant Complete
- Tanzania: Cabinet to Start Talks for $30B LNG Project
After announcing a higher dimension, the Chinese Ministry of Commerce, Gao Hucheng reconsiders and announces the 15.500 tonnes quota for 2014. This quota includes 13.691 tonnes for light rare earths and 1,809 tonnes for medium and heavy rare earths.
The light rare earths are critical in the use of high power magnets while heavy are used in various technologies including TVs and mobile phones. (the geologist)