- Mozambique Mining: Communities paralyze Vale operation on Moatize Ii ACTIVITIES OF MINE II DA VALE IN MOATIZE
- Africa Oil & Gas: Nigerian Gas Tanker Explosion Kills At Least 35
- DR Congo: Exim Bank India Finances DRC Solar
- Zambia: Largest Solar Plant Complete
- Tanzania: Cabinet to Start Talks for $30B LNG Project
“By setting up this office in Mozambique we are showing our interest and commitment to invest in this country in the long term,” said the CEO of PTTEP, Tevin Vongvanich, during the inauguration of the company´s office in Mozambique capital city of Maputo
Vongvanich said that the company was waiting for the launch of liquid natural gas production in Mozambique in order to import it to Thailand.
The PTTEP officials aid that he was certain that “the work to install facilities for gas liquefaction in the Rovuma may begin soon.”
PTT owns 8.5 percent of block 1 in the Rovuma basin, Anadarko Petroleum owns 8.5 percent, state company Empresa Nacional de Hidrocarbonetos (ENH) owns 15 percent and the remaining shares are in the hands of other companies from Japan and India.