- Mozambique Mining: Communities paralyze Vale operation on Moatize Ii ACTIVITIES OF MINE II DA VALE IN MOATIZE
- Africa Oil & Gas: Nigerian Gas Tanker Explosion Kills At Least 35
- DR Congo: Exim Bank India Finances DRC Solar
- Zambia: Largest Solar Plant Complete
- Tanzania: Cabinet to Start Talks for $30B LNG Project
Exports of iron ore from Port Hedland in June fell to 33.6 million tonnes, down almost 7% compared to May, when it was registered a record 36.1 million tonnes. The monthly fall is the largest in 16 months, when December exports in 2012 to January 2013 fell by about 3.9 million tons of iron ore, or 15%. Compared to June 2013, when 27.7 million tons of iron ore were exported, an increase of 21% was recorded.
“The total demand from China is not that strong, considering that the port inventories remain at high levels,” said the expert Helen Lau of UOB Bay Hian in Hong Kong. See the chart. Above.