Triton Minerals Limited (ASX:TON) is extremely pleased to confirm that the first round of assay result from the RC drilling program, has identified multiple high grade zones of the graphite mineralization at Nicanda Hill. Further, based on geological observations, that the Company has once again intersected significant graphitic mineralization at considerable depths.
To intercept a further 313m cumulative width of graphite mineralization in a single hole and still open at depth, some 500m south west from the last major interception is an astounding result. Further, the latest assay results are demonstrating that the Nicanda Hill prospect mineralization contains multiple high grade graphite zones averaging 11 percent graphite carbon. These are very exciting results for Triton and continues to show the world class potential of the Balama North project, Triton Minerals Managing Director Brad Boyle said.
* Initial drilling results have identified multiple high grade zones with the weighted average graphite carbon (GrC), including:
* 20m at 17.1 percent GrC in GBNC0003
* 8m at 14.4 percent GrC in GBNC0003
* 10m at 13.9 percent GrC in GBNC0003
* 14m at 13.1 percent GrC in GBNC0003
* High grade graphite zone (HG1) averaging 17 percent GrC
* Diamond drill hole (GBND0005) intersected HG1 zone at 382m downhole
* GBND0004 intersects 313m of graphitic mineralization from surface to end of hole at 428m, finishing in graphite mineralization and open at depth
* Assay results to date show an overall higher graphite grade at Nicanda Hill than at Cobra Plains. Further assay results pending.
* Drilling to date has demonstrated the continuity and consistency of graphite mineralization over down-dip and surface extents of 500m and 850m respectively.
* Graphitic material is readily liberating during the drilling process
* Drilling results continue to confirm world class potential of Balama North Project.
To view the full announcement please click on the link below: