- Energy Transition: Projections of peak oil, gas, and coal demand before 2030 deemed ‘extremely risky and impractical’
- Africa: BW Offshore wraps up much-anticipated sale of Nigerian FPSO
- Senegal: European JV aims to revolutionize country’s power infrastructure
- Congo: Eni, Lukoil, and SNPC ink LNG sale and purchase agreement in a ‘significant milestone’
- Aramco CEO calls for ‘more realistic and robust’ multi-source plan in global energy transition
That brings the total discovered gas volumes in Block 2 to about 20 trillion cubic feet (566 billion cubic metres), the company added in a statement.
Statoil operates the licence on Block 2 on behalf of Tanzania Petroleum Development Corporation (TPDC) and has a 65 percent stake, with ExxonMobil and Production Tanzania Limited holding the remaining 35 percent. (From Rigzone, Reporting by Nerijus Adomaitis, editing by Terje Solsvik).