- Mozambique Mining: Communities paralyze Vale operation on Moatize Ii ACTIVITIES OF MINE II DA VALE IN MOATIZE
- Africa Oil & Gas: Nigerian Gas Tanker Explosion Kills At Least 35
- DR Congo: Exim Bank India Finances DRC Solar
- Zambia: Largest Solar Plant Complete
- Tanzania: Cabinet to Start Talks for $30B LNG Project
Igor Sechin of Rosneft, Nelson Ocuane, President, of ENH (Mozambique National Oil Company) and Paulino Gregório, Director, ENH signed a Memorandum of Understanding at the 21st World Petroleum Congress on June 16, 2014.
“Under the Memorandum, the parties will look into areas of mutual interest and cooperation, including joint bidding in upcoming hydrocarbons exploration and production licensing rounds in the Republic of Mozambique,” Rosneft said in a statement.
In 2010 and 2011 a series of major gas discoveries were made in offshore Mozambique. Gas dominates the republic’s hydrocarbon portfolio with offshore resources estimated at 3.7bcm and proven reserves standing at 1.03bcm as of early 2014.
The country’s key gas potential is focused in the Rovuma Basin with estimated 2.2bcm of gas and the Mozambique river basins.
Press Release, June 16, 2014