- Mozambique Mining: Communities paralyze Vale operation on Moatize Ii ACTIVITIES OF MINE II DA VALE IN MOATIZE
- Africa Oil & Gas: Nigerian Gas Tanker Explosion Kills At Least 35
- DR Congo: Exim Bank India Finances DRC Solar
- Zambia: Largest Solar Plant Complete
- Tanzania: Cabinet to Start Talks for $30B LNG Project
RT News reported that negotiators from Ukraine have reached an agreement for the country to pay back the first tranche of its gas debt to Russia’s Gazprom (MCX:GAZP). Both sides have tentatively agreed that Ukraine will pay $2.5 billion for gas supplied from November to May, according to RT News.
As quoted in the publication:
Russia is ready to continue talks about the price of gas supplied to Ukraine if Kiev pays the first part of the debt before Friday, said Russian Energy Minister as quoted by RIA Novosti. At the same time, Oettinger said that Russia and Ukraine have until Wednesday evening to arrange the partial payment of Kiev’s gas debt which now stands at over $3.5 billion, and the first payment can be made on Thursday.