- Mozambique Mining: Communities paralyze Vale operation on Moatize Ii ACTIVITIES OF MINE II DA VALE IN MOATIZE
- Africa Oil & Gas: Nigerian Gas Tanker Explosion Kills At Least 35
- DR Congo: Exim Bank India Finances DRC Solar
- Zambia: Largest Solar Plant Complete
- Tanzania: Cabinet to Start Talks for $30B LNG Project
Mozambique may see the return of exploration in the Zambezi River delta in 2015 according to the state-run oil firm Empresa Nacional de Hidrocarbonetos (ENH). ENH’s Chief Executive Tavares Martinho said several companies have shown interest in exploring for oil in the delta on the hopes that there may be commercial quantities of oil there.
He said the main obstacles currently encountered in commencing the exploration activities were the poor roads and other transport infrastructure in the region.
“We hope to roll out everything in 2015,” Martinho was quoted as saying by private television station STv.