- Global Markets: LNG Buyers in Asia Look to Resell Supply
- Global Oil & Gas: EU Rules on Methane Curbs May Boost LNG Industry - Exxon
- Global Oil & Gas: Venture Global Accused of Reneging on LNG Contracts for Europe
- Global Oil & Gas: Oil Unchanged as Market Struggles for Direction
- Energy Transition: Projections of peak oil, gas, and coal demand before 2030 deemed ‘extremely risky and impractical’
Construction work on the new port in the city of Pemba, the capital of Mozambique’s Cabo Delgado province, is due to begin in 2015, said Tavares Martinho, director of the ENHILS company during a visit to Nigeria, according to Mozambican daily newspaper Notícias.
ENHILS is a partnership between state company ENH Logistics, with 51 percent, and Orlean Invest of Nigeria with the remaining 49 percent, and has technical support from Angola’s Sonangol Integrated Logistic Services (Sonils).
Speaking to the newspaper, Tavares Martinho, who is leading a Mozambican delegation on a visit to Nigeria, said that the facility, the first of its kind to be built in the country, would be funded by Orlean Invest, “a prestigious group with extensive experience in developing logistics bases to support the oil and gas industry on an international level.”
As part of this project an environmental impact study is underway in Pemba, after which work will begin. Initially work will involve opening up access roads so that in January 2015 the logistics hub itself can be built.
The new port in the city of Pemba will have a 300 metre dock capable of receiving ships with a maximum draught of 12 metres and a variety of other facilities on a 36-hectare plot