- Mozambique Mining: Communities paralyze Vale operation on Moatize Ii ACTIVITIES OF MINE II DA VALE IN MOATIZE
- Africa Oil & Gas: Nigerian Gas Tanker Explosion Kills At Least 35
- DR Congo: Exim Bank India Finances DRC Solar
- Zambia: Largest Solar Plant Complete
- Tanzania: Cabinet to Start Talks for $30B LNG Project
Mozambique now has a Renewable Energy “Atlas”, the country’s Energy Minister, Salvador Namburete said Friday cited by Mozambican news agency AIM.
The minister said that the complete version of the document had yet to be printed, but that the executive summary was available and it allowed potential investors to get detailed information about Mozambique’s energy potential.
Namburete was speaking at the opening of the first conference on bioenergy, a meeting organised by Brazil’s Campinas State University, and Mozambique’s Technical University.
Noting that Mozambique had a legal framework that favoured the use of biofuel, Namburete said that the government approach to executing investment projects was based on the involvement of the private sector, partnerships between the public and private sector and multi-sector coordination and cooperation with international partners.