- Energy Transition: Projections of peak oil, gas, and coal demand before 2030 deemed ‘extremely risky and impractical’
- Africa: BW Offshore wraps up much-anticipated sale of Nigerian FPSO
- Senegal: European JV aims to revolutionize country’s power infrastructure
- Congo: Eni, Lukoil, and SNPC ink LNG sale and purchase agreement in a ‘significant milestone’
- Aramco CEO calls for ‘more realistic and robust’ multi-source plan in global energy transition
The South African company Kwikspace Modular Buildings has won a contract to build six camps housing along the Sena railroad II project , under a contract with the Portuguese construction group Mota – Engil , the company said.
The fields will be built in several locations near the towns of Dondo , and Sena Donate and include bedrooms , kitchens and facilities for washing clothes with a capacity of 100 people each.
This project was awarded on 24 February, the company expected its conclusion on 17 May.
The company however has completed a project to build housing in the amount of 9.3 million dollars in Nacala , Mozambique , under the contract signed in 2012 with the Brazilian mining company Vale .
” This contract involved the construction of over 10 thousand square meters of housing for senior management , control teams and workers involved in the project ,” said director Nick Alexander .
This field , said Alexander , provides accommodation for about 700 people and includes office complex , a health center , entertainment facilities , kitchens and wash rooms .
The Brazilian group Vale is currently involved in building a line of track- train between Moatize , in Tete and Nacala , Nampula province , through the territory of Malawi , with a length of 912 kilometers and can carry 30 million tons of coal per year