- Mozambique Mining: Communities paralyze Vale operation on Moatize Ii ACTIVITIES OF MINE II DA VALE IN MOATIZE
- Africa Oil & Gas: Nigerian Gas Tanker Explosion Kills At Least 35
- DR Congo: Exim Bank India Finances DRC Solar
- Zambia: Largest Solar Plant Complete
- Tanzania: Cabinet to Start Talks for $30B LNG Project
The Italian group ENI has hired a bank to proceed with the sale of a portion of 15 % of its 50% stake in the block area 4 of the Rovuma Basin , northern Mozambique, the Reuters news agency citing banking sources .
Plots of 15% will yield to ENI a value close to 5 billion dollars after a slice of 20% sold to China National Petroleum Corporation have provided a fitting of 4.2 billion dollars .
Some of the cited sources mentioned that the group China National Offshore Oil Corporation (CNOOC) is one of the potentially interested in buying , like the big oil companies such as ExxonMobil , Chevron , Shell and Total .
Block 4 area should contain more than 85 trillion cubic feet of natural gas , being located in the basin where deposits have been discovered containing more than 150 trillion cubic feet .
Last February the Italian group ‘s chief executive , Paolo Scaroni , said the possible reduction of participation in that block 50 % to 35% , adding ” we are looking for a partner who is also a buyer of gas. “
The block grant made in February 2007 , originally had as its partners the ENI group ( 70 % ) , and Galp Energia Portuguese Korean Korea Gas and Mozambican government’s National Hydrocarbons Company , all with 10 % each.