- Energy Transition: Projections of peak oil, gas, and coal demand before 2030 deemed ‘extremely risky and impractical’
- Africa: BW Offshore wraps up much-anticipated sale of Nigerian FPSO
- Senegal: European JV aims to revolutionize country’s power infrastructure
- Congo: Eni, Lukoil, and SNPC ink LNG sale and purchase agreement in a ‘significant milestone’
- Aramco CEO calls for ‘more realistic and robust’ multi-source plan in global energy transition
According to the statement the contract was signed with a consortium made up of Portuguese company Seth JV and Danish company Aarsleff for on behalf of Mozambican power company Electricidade de Moçambique (EdM).
The director of the sub-station division of ABB, Oleg Aleinikov, said that supplying the equipment and refurbishing the sub-stations would improve the power transmission network in Mozambique.
Demand for electricity in Mozambique has risen by between 10 and 15 percent per year driven by industrial development, construction and the country’s economic development, said Aleinikov. (macauhub)